For many reasons, such as playing competitive sports or being an adult, Invisalign® is a great fit for lifestyle. Just ask Justin Bieber and Oprah Winfrey, who both used Invisalign® to improve their smiles while keeping up their busy schedules.
FACTS ABOUT INVISALIGN®
Here are some FACTS ABOUT INVISALIGN that can help you make a good decision about whether Invisalign® is the right fit for you.
1. Your teeth will be moved using a series of clear, removable aligners created with 3D imagining technology, which allows you to see what your smile will look like at the end of treatment.
2. You must maintain regular visits with your orthodontist to ensure your treatment is going as planned. Though every aligner in the series is meant to be worn for a two-week period, there can be some variability in that length of time. It’s important to be checked.
3. The aligners are removable when you eat, drink, and brush your teeth meaning you don’t need to add any extra tools to your oral hygiene care.
4. Toothbrushing is still extremely important. You must brush and floss every time you eat, to avoid trapping food between your teeth and aligner (which can lead to tooth decay).
5. Invisalign® treatment is close to the cost of traditional braces. The exact cost of any orthodontic treatment is always dependent on your individual case and needs.
6. Your treatment success is 100% dependent on compliance. Though it’s an advantage that you can remove the aligners, you must also be diligent about wearing them for a minimum of 22 hours a day.
7. After using your final Invisalign® aligner, it’s important to remember that your treatment isn’t finished. You will need to wear a retainer to maintain your teeth in their new locations. The proper use of a retainer will be explained to you at the end of your treatment.
At Britton Orthodontics, we will provide a thorough examination of your teeth to determine whether or not it is the right treatment option and when you would be ready to begin. We will also present other options to help you to make a decision that suits both your lifestyle and individual orthodontic needs and concerns.
Invisalign® can straighten teeth just as successfully as traditional metal braces, if it’s determined to be a viable treatment option. If you feel you are a good candidate, we would be happy to meet with you and discuss aligners as an option.
Your initial consultation is complimentary and can be booked by calling 905-336-9916 or visiting our website.